When one hobby grease the wheels of another - Garmin Mount for Profile design T2 Aerobar

In Bangalore the road bike race season starts with ITT (individual time trial).
I started training with my Profile design T2 Aerobars and quickly realized that the Garmin on my Specialized Allez Sprint was way too in, that it was out right dangerous looking at the numbers while riding.

Power of 3D printing, I set out to design a custom Garmin mount in Fusion 360. The idea was to design something which will fit my TT bar and will keep the Garmin just behind my palms. It should be easy to fix and should securely hold the Garmin. I had the mount plate, which comes along with Garmin, lying around so I took a short cut and designed the mount to take the plate instead of trying to design that part myself. Took me about an hour to design and gave a print. 2.5 hours later, i had the mount in my had ready to be fixed. The mount weighs meager 16.3g.

Had white PLA on the printer so first printed it in white, rode around for a while to make sure that it fits well and holds well.

Link to thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2801241
Fusion 360 link if any one wants to customize: http://a360.co/2BI83w4

Print Settings
Printer Brand: Wanhao
Printer: Wanhao Duplicator i3 V2.1
Rafts: Yes
Supports: Yes
Resolution: .1
Infill: 30

Notes:
I printed it with .1mm layer height, but .2 should also be ok I think.




 

Printed it in black before the race and did the race in style!


Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Project: Nerf Dart Counter (Ammo Counter)

Exporting Solder mask with untented Vias as SVG from KiCad

No nonsense LPG sensor